Friday, April 13, 2012

My Sweet Tooth


If I didn't narrow down my favorite confections, this blog post would be ridiculously long. I have a major sweet tooth. It is important to eat sweets in moderation. I get this, but man is it hard at times. I'm not a huge fan of American candy, unless it's homemade. Since I have to keep my ass in check about eating treats, I make sure they're something special. Here are a few of my favorites. What are yours?!!!!!!! Please comment and let me know! 

BTW, I envy people who do not like sweets. lol ;) 

Macarons are one of my favorite little confections. Some are a little tart. These ones are espresso and vanilla bean. So yummy! I had to take a pretty picture of them. I love cute desserts! 

I had no idea what mochi was when I first moved to the city. I was so unexposed to amazing things before. My favorite type of mochi is the traditional azuki bean variety. Here we have just that, sesame and peanut! YUM! I've literally bought any type of mochi I could find at the Asian district, and my friends and I had fun tasting different varieties. 

I'm a huge fan of Japanese confections. These little milk custard cakes are so cute, delicate and light. Perfect for anyone who wants a little sweet treat, but not overdone on the sweet factor. I think this is why I appreciate foreign desserts so much. They aren't overly sugary. 

I never realized that black licorice comes in so many varieties and is made differently in different countries. I love this stuff. Most people think it's gross. I get understand. When I do find people who love this stuff, it's like we share this crazy bond! 

I'm personally not a consumer of gelatin, and I LOOOOVE marshmallows. Honestly, these vegan marshmallows by Sweet and Sara are better than the regular stuff you find in your bakers section. I totally recommend these. You can purchase them at sweetandsara.com I am not in any way associated with this company. I'm just a freakin huge fan of these marshmallows. They're so rich and yummy. 

I had to. I love Pinkberry. It's real frozen yogurt, and it's slightly tart and healthy. All of the fruit is cut fresh and so bright. I love the vibe going in to order yummy treats for myself and the family. Taking my kids to Pinkberry is such a fun thing to do. I love the decor, and everything about this place. I love getting them to go as well and us storing them in the freezer just as you can see right here, for after dinner. I live right near one. Man, it's good! 


So those are SOME of my favorite treats. What are yours? There is a dessert diner here downtown. It is so awesome. All they sell are desserts. I'll have to take a trip sometime and take some pics of yummy treats and share with everyone. If I could in person, I REALLY would share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment