Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tzatziki is easy! Don't miss this step!

Hey everyone! I love tzatziki. It's really simple, refreshing, and DUH, healthy. I have a quick recipe for you guys, and you can finish with any fresh, bright herb as you choose, to personalize it. I cut my cucumber into a small dice. This is personal preference. It makes for an easier to handle dip or spread in my opinion. Do what YOU like!

I was inspired to share this recipe do to seeing how many people forget this important step when sharing their recipe for tzatziki...
They forget to draw out moisture from the cucumber!

If you let your yummy tzatziki relax in the fridge, it will water down. Plus, the light amount of salt will season the cucumbers themselves. Remember, season lightly in layers. It takes about half an hour.

That extra moisture will cause separation, and dilute flavor! Here is a super simple recipe!
1 English Cucumber
1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
Lemon Juice
Koesher or sea salt
White (or black) pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (just a drizzle)
Fresh, bright, minced herbs mint, cilantro, or parsley... etc etc etc


No comments:

Post a Comment