Monday, August 6, 2012

Brown Sugar Lip Scrub

Hey Everyone! I know there are a billion recipes for DIY lip scrubs out there, but I have my reasoning as to why I feel these ingredients are best when making your own lip scrub, and which ingredients to avoid!

Recipe:
Brown sugar
Coconut Oil /Olive Oil

Why brown sugar? White sugar is processed with chemicals. Raw sugar granules are very large, and harder to dissolve.  Brown sugar is naturally dyed with molasses, and has a sand like consistency when moistened. This makes the lip scrub more effective & efficient. Molasses is great for cell renewal! BONUS!


Coconut oil has been shown to regenerate cell renewal, and prevent wrinkles. Just like my favorite, olive oil! If you don't have coconut oil, use olive. It's mostly for taste, but both oils have significant and similar benefits. Both will soften your lips.

I want to flavor my lip scrub! What should I avoid? What can I use? If you want to flavor your scrubs, avoid extracts. They contain alcohol, and alcohol drys out the skin. Opt for honey, or a little fruit jelly! It won't stain your lips, and fruit jellies such as wild blueberry are loaded with antioxidants!

Enjoy! Amber~




No comments:

Post a Comment