Friday, August 17, 2012

Green Tea Bag Skin Benefits


I've previously blogged about the scientifically defended benefits of green tea here, on how they can reduce dark circles, and aid in congestion. I had to make another post as to how and why green tea is so amazing for your skin. 

 Green tea happens to be something I'm really passionate about. I learned early on that they soggy little tea bag in my cup, or tossed to the side was natures remedy to healthy skin. A natural and convenient exfoliant that costs a fraction of any scrub in a tube. (Nothing wrong with scrubs in a tube). I use this routinely for my face, and have been for the past 10 years. 



After you drink your green tea, remember that precious tea bag of yours does the following when used to exfoliate and sooth your skin:

1.Neutralizes UV ray damage and protects from sun damage
2.Works as an antibacterial agent keeping pores clean and protected from acne 
3.Halts free radicals and protects from certain skin cancers and aging 
4.Rejuvenate skin cells at the end of their life cycle
5.Soothes acne and sun burns, reduces redness and inflammation. (congestion, dark circles often caused by inflamed blood vessels.)
6.Some studies suggest it to stimulate collagen production. 

I have also used it for cracked lips in the winter time, kind of as a primer, for lack of a better term. Why not use it? If you drink green tea, and don't have any make up on, what would it hurt to quickly exfoliate your skin with a tea bag you're going to throw away? 

Another trick for sunburned or irritated skin:

Have you ever tried a beauty product that didn't react to your skin gracefully? I've totally had my fair share of harsh reactions. Take a few green tea bags, and place them in a zippy bag, and pop them into your freezer. If your skin is sun burnt, or irritated, take a tea bag out, quickly dampen with cold water, and gently pat on your face. Avoid circular motion now, since your skin needs a little break from anything even slightly abrasive! 

I hope these tips work for you like they have for me! 

Amber~

No comments:

Post a Comment