Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Classic Avocado Mask


Did you guys really think I was never going to do an avocado mask? Like it was too obvious or something? 

Over 10 years ago, I hade leftover avocado, and was broke as hell, and thought, "wait, I should make my own beauty products with leftovers!" The research began, and never stopped. So, I have a super appreciation for avocado face masks. 

When I make guacamole, I use the left over tomato juice and bruised or over ripened avocado flesh for a replenishing face mask. 

1.Avocados are full of healthy fats and phytonutrients that give your skin a healthy, even glow. 
2.Tomatoes fight the signs of aging, and hault free radicals in the body and skin! 

Simply squeeze the juice out of the tomato pulp, and mix it in with your avocado. Make a paste, and apply evenly on your face. Leave on for 10 minutes. It may tingle!

Any beauty tip I offer I have tried myself. This makes my skin super soft, glowy, and reduces redness from break outs. Pretty basic, right? 

Holding the mask in the avocado's skin/shell will slow down the oxidation process. I actually had a practical reason behind the photo of the avocado mask in the shell. So you did learn something not so obvious after all! 

Enjoy! 

Amber~

No comments:

Post a Comment