Monday, July 2, 2012

Olive Oil Makeup Remover & Skin Benefits





Hey everyone! I hate paying money for a cosmetic item that I end up not liking. Although department stores are fantastic in terms of returning an item, they’re expensive, and not everyone considers $28 for makeup remover practical. 

 So instead, they spend $9 at a drugstore. What if you’re not happy with the product? This happens SO often to most of us.

How about a makeup remover you can find in your pantry? Oh yea, OLIVE OIL! No, olive oil will not clog your pores, or break out your skin. It does the opposite! 

It contains antibacterial agents, which actually aid in cleansing your skin thoroughly. Antioxidants, including Vitamin A & E aid in reversing signs of aging, fades acne scars, and hydroxytyrosol, which is the most profound compound, fights free radicals, which also reverses aging, and aids in inflammation. 

It is safe to use around the eye area, and works quickly, as I have attempted to demonstrate. I have a few favorite over the counter makeup removers that I use when traveling, but hands down Olive Oil (Extra Virgin is beneficially best) is my favorite.


I have been using it for 10 years now, and use it 90% of the time. Like I said, when I travel, or simply spend the night with family or my best friends, I don't bring a big container of it over, nor do I bottle my own. Lazy, I know. I'm always afraid it will leak, or sweat out of a plastic container, which is always possible with oil, so be informed of that! I'd hate for you to open your travel bag, with oil seeping everywhere. 

Your skin will be clear of dirt, fight acne, reverse aging, and even skin tone. Cleopatra used Olive Oil as a part of her beauty regimen. The Egyptians weren’t kidding when they called it “liquid gold”. Remember to add some to a separate container or small dish before using it to remove makeup. Keep it sanitary! ;)

Let me know how it works out for you! 

Amber~

No comments:

Post a Comment