Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Flour Free Peanut Butter Cookies

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share with you a really simple cookie method that I've been using for years! I have tweaked it over time, and am finally happy.

Ingredients:
1 cup Peanut Butter (the real stuff )
1 large Egg
1 TBS Vanilla or Almond extract
1/4 Cup Confectioner's Sugar + a little to garnish

This recipe is low in sugar, and flour free. They would make perfect snacks when you're on the go, since they're loaded with protein and healthy fats. Everything in moderation though. Each cookie is about 2 TBS, which is a popular serving suggestion on most peanut butter jars I've purchased.

I emphasize on using real peanut butter for so many reasons. I'm not here to tell you it's all natural, super dooper, etc etc. I have a headache thinking about how fuckin paranoid I am as it is to eat these days, and want you to enjoy your damn cookies!

Taste real peanut butter, and taste the stuff we grew up on. Okay, so there is a bit of nostalgia in terms of the not so natural stuff.  The real stuff makes for a better fourless cookie in terms of texture and preferable taste. Use what you have though.

Stir peanut butter in a large bowl until it reaches a smooth, sort of warmed up consistency. Do not heat or microwave. Take your room temp egg and combine. Slowly add in your sugar, to avoid clumping, and extract.

Okay, now here is the important part! Please refrigerate your dough for about an hour. I know, I know. We want cookies, and we want them now. If you skip this step though, you may end up with cookies that spread quickly, and burn at the bottom. It will also be a sticky mess when portioning your cookies.

I use an ice cream scoop for consistency. Consistency is important to prevent under or over baking some of your goodies.

Pop in a preheated oven at 325 F (163 C) for 15-20 minutes. Let cool before you eat so they don't fall apart or burn your mouth! EEK!  Garnish with sifted confectioner's sugar!


Please always ask your little guest's parents if they suffer from allergies. 


I do not recommend making peanut butter cookies for a class party, or kid's birthday/function. 




No comments:

Post a Comment