Monday, May 14, 2012

Yummy Treats


Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I was out of town for a week, and my tablet and phone make blogging a little difficult to use (ok I'm impatient) lol! I did happen to enjoy some yummy treats, and picked up a few other things. I REALLY need to hit the gym tonight and eat a nice, big, fresh salad. Here are a few yummy treats I enjoyed. 

I hope all of you awesome mommies enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day. This is usually the busiest day of the year for cooks. Restaurants are PACKED full of thoughtful families treating their mommies to some hopefully delectable eats. 

I found some really tasty sounding chocolates. I have not tried them yet. I think I will save them for a day where I can share with others so I don't gobble them both up ;) One is a Lemon Ice White Chocolate Truffle bar, the other is a Birthday Cake Milk Chocolate Truffle bar. Both made with all natural ingredients, which is the way to go! 



I am such a sucker for French macaroons. I LOVE making them, and REALLY REALLY love eating them! I did not make these. They were really yummy and the butter cream was so velvety and good! Flavors are: Chocolate, French Vanilla, Raspberry, and Pistachio. My favorite is Pistachio. I am in a pistachio phase, so if you see a few pistachio added recipes soon, you'll know why! I go through ingredient phases. I get inspired by an ingredient, and want to utilize it as much as possible. Pistachio coconut pesto perhaps? 

My hubby picked up a yummy cake and chocolate covered strawberries for Mother's Day. The cake was so moist and had a caramel and milk chocolate mousse in the middle. Very simple ingredients, but super dooper fantastic and not too sweet. I also loved the giant strawberries. I should have taken a picture of one next to my phone or something for a good comparison. Strawberries are really juicy this time of year and nice and sweet, so take advantage!!! 
Ok, so this isn't exactly a super treat, but its really cool. Naturally BLACK WATER. I know, right? I have had this before, and drank some this week. This is an older picture of mine, but I didn't take a picture this week so I dug up an old one. LOL I had to share though. My kids were tripping out because the water is black. It doesn't taste like anything other than pure, clean water. So cool, right?!! There is no dirt or anything in it either. It's just naturally black water. 

So, I'm sorry I can't offer you guys a super cool recipe or face mask. I will be back at work with lots of inspiration. I can't wait to share some exciting things with you guys. What are some of your favorite decadent sweet treats, and unusual but awesome food/beverage products? 

Amber ~

No comments:

Post a Comment