Thursday, October 4, 2012

Product Review Andalou Naturals

Hey everyone!
I'm so happy I got to review this California based company. This is not an advert. 
I love all natural beauty lines that are food inspired.  It's something I'm really passionate about. I wanted to give my honest opinion on a few of these products. I've been using Andalou Naturals for one month now, to ensure I give the best review possible. 




 I am in LOVE with the Avo Cocoa Skin Food Mask. It has a cooling sensation when applied, and doesn't dry it into a crumbly mess. It was really easy to remove too!

It contains Apple Stem Cell Cultures, Cocoa, and Avocado Oil. It is loaded with antioxidants and repairs damaged skin.


It looks and smells like dark chocolate mousse. I was tempted to taste it. You need a very small amount, and my skin felt soft afterwards. Was not oily at all!


I was also in love with their Lemon Sugar Facial Scrub. It was not astringent, It lathers slightly, and it is impossible to over exfoliate because the sugar dissolves after a minute or two.

Contains Meyer lemon extract, organic cane sugar, Manuka honey, and the same plant stem cell complex as the Cocoa Skin Food.



It smells like lemon meringue pie, but wasn't as yummy smelling as the chocolate, only because the chocolate mask smelled exactly like dessert. This you could tell was a skin product. No big deal though!

I used it every other day at night. Since it isn't a strong scrub, it's fine to use more than twice a week.

My skin looked brighter and it didn't feel dried out like with some scrubs, where you feel like you have to suck up serum right after.




I used the Grapefruit + C Exfoliating Peel.

This is a gommage exfoliant, which is an exfoliant that is rubbed off or peeled off after it dries.

I was disappointed in this product honestly. It smells amazing, but it did nothing for my skin. I read the directions carefully the second time I tried it. It took forever to dry, (even stood in front of a fan).

I am a fan of peels that peel off in big pieces, since they take off oil and surface dirt. This stuff I had to wash off with water and it was a bit hard since it was slippery. No super skin feeling.



I also loved their face washes! The Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk smells like peach oatmeal with milk. The concentrates and serums were good, but in my opinion not great. I am very picky about serums and concentrates. I would recommend them since they are affordable, and not everyone wants to spend $40 + on a serum. So for something under $20, GREAT compared to drugstore products.

Over all, it was really fun to try a new line of products that are inspired by food. That is what it's all about for me. I appreciate their honesty by showing what percentage of the formulas contain certified organic ingredients. This isn't required from skincare companies. They could have simply stated they were organic products.

I will continue to use the sugar scrub and chocolate mask as a part of my regimen now. As well as the probiotic face wash, since it's mild, and great for a mild morning wash. (I don't like harshly washing my face first thing in the morning).

They support sustainable trade, and DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment